HPV infects approximately 40% of all Americans. An HPV herbal remedy is one of the most useful medicaments in the herbal pharmacological cornucopia.
Human papilloma viruses or HPVs are localized at the point of infection. This “wart virus” is contagious and transmitted by skin-to-skin contact. The host area can be mucus tissue or skin with a microscopic tear that allows the virus to enter and produce the infection.
More than 100 different HPVs have been identified. Some viruses cause warts on normal skin surfaces like hands and feet, while some infect mucus tissues in and around the mouth and genital area.
Genital HPV may cause warts to appear on or around the genitals and anus of both men and women and can be transmitted through sexual contact. Warts may appear as single bumps or in clusters; older warts have a cauliflower structure.
Herbal HPV Remedies
An HPV herbal remedy can be effective against all viral strains. Effective herbal treatments include:
- Aloe Vera – The gel form of this anti-inflammatory herb can be topically applied to infected areas. It has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties and soothes irritated skin.
- Astragalus – An immune system booster, this Chinese herb is a prophylaxis that can prevent infection from occurring. It can be taken in the form of capsules, liquid extracts, teas and tinctures.
- Black Walnut – A tincture made from the leaves or bark of this tree treats mouth and throat warts. It has antiseptic properties and can be used as an astringent on irritated skin.
- Bloodroot – Tinctures or pastes applied topically to the affected skin area can remove warts and skin tags.
- Comfrey – Comfrey leaf, in the form of herbal pastes, creams and infusions, heals warts and skin tags. Additionally, it reduces swelling and promotes rapid tissue repair.
With the incidence of HPV infections rising, it is important to have an herbal HPV remedy available. Maintaining a healthy immune system is a boon in the fight to prevent infection. If a person is already infected these herbal remedies provide a safe and swift treatment.