Information regarding herbs for men may be few since using herbs for healing is something that most men are not keen on tackling. Often, it is the women who will have to insist on this for their husbands or sons, and the herbs that the wives normally purchase for them are often related to problems or concerns with the body, the prostrate or with treating erectile dysfunction.
Many activities that men do, like running, rowing, swimming, body building and sports, can lead to prostrate or erectile problems. Below are some herbs for men that are known to help avoid or manage the condition:
- Eleuthero – Studies done in Australia have discovered that the Siberian ginseng, which is also known as the Eleuthero, particularly helps men sustain their strength and health when doing strenuous activities. In fact, Olympic coaches from the Soviet Union are known to give these to their athletes for at least eight weeks, believing that it can help develop the body’s muscles and biceps faster. It is also believed to help with breathing and circulation while doing heavy physical activities.
- Schisandra – The Soviets also believe that the Eleuthero works better when taken with Schisandra herbs. Doing strenuous activities can affect the body’s immune system and the Schisandra works to boost this to prevent infection, fever, colds orflu.
- American Ginseng – The American Ginseng is another herb that provides specific benefit for men. Just like the Eleuthero, it is useful for developing the muscles and biceps, and it’s often recommended for those who lift weights or tone their body. Taking at least 3 grams of American Ginseng daily is said to lower sugar levels, which also lowers the body’s tendency to store excess fat. Thus, losing weight is more effective.
- St. John’s Wort – Muscle development is also achievable by taking the herb St. John’s Wort. This herb dries up the body’s stress hormone called the norepinephrine. When this happens, more human growth hormone is produced. Weight management is easier when the body has plenty of these growth hormones.
Most fitness trainers also rely on combination of herbs like Wild Oats, sea buckthorn and Stinging Nettle, for strength, endurance and a general feeling of wellness. Apart from those already mentioned, there are herbs that benefit men when it comes to sexual activities:
- Ashwagandha – In Asia, India and the Middle East, men have relied on the Ashwagandha herbs for many years. It’s literally regarded as the brain food that allows parts of the brain to function better after being worn out by stress. Taking this herb conditions and relaxes the brain so that it can send signals to the nervous system and prevent premature ejaculation while having sex. It is also believed to help with male potency.
- Yohimbe and Mairu Puma – There herbs for men produce the same results as Viagra, minus the side effects.
- Saw Palmetto – prevent urinary track infection and promote prostrate health.
Lastly, green tea is a particular herb that has grown in popularity over the years and of all other herbs for men, it is one that is readily available. As an antioxidant, green tea flushes away toxins in the body and prevents the inflammation of the muscles, a very common disadvantage among men active in sports and outdoor activities.