The socially unacceptable act of passing wind (farting) can be cured with the use of herbs for flatulence. Even though there are many people who claim that they don't pass gas, everyone does it and everyone would like to be able to refrain from doing it in certain circumstances.
The causes for flatulence can vary from a change of diet to sensitivity to certain foods or substances. Some people do it more than others do. Some will feel the effects of bad gas if they are lactose intolerant and eat a dairy product.
The following are some of the herbs for flatulence, known as carminatives, good for relieving the problem of flatulence:
- Angelica - In addition to relieving gas and bloated stomachs, a more common use for this herb is the treatment of menstrual cramps. The easiest way to use this herb is in a concentrated liquid, using ten and twelve drops of it in a glass of water.
- Anise - a few cups of anise tea per day will dispel any excess gas that your body produces and relieve all of the associated symptoms.
- Dandelion - herbs and roots play a role in increasing appetite, and is also a diuretic. The root promotes a healthy immune system and improves digestion, which in turn improves a bad gas situation.
- Green Tea - relieves pain and discomfort associated with bloating and flatulence
- Lemon balm - a member of the mint family, it calms and relaxes the digestive system sufficiently to allow it to function properly and alleviate gas and bloating. It is most effective when used in conjunction with other herbs.
- Peppermint - one of the most pleasantly flavoured of the herbs. Irritable bowel syndrome and flatulence are only two of the many conditions successfully treated by using peppermint, which relaxes the muscles associated with the removal of gas from the system.
- Roman chamomile - the tea calms and soothes flatulence, as well as preventing and treating anxiety and muscle spasms.
- Turmeric - cures digestive issues and is well known for its ability to reduce inflammation
*For a full selection of essential oils, we recommend Mountain Rose Herbs.
These herbs for flatulence are not the only available cures and treatments. These, however, are the most popular and are regarded as being the most effective ones available. As with anything you may be doing for the first time, you should consult with a trained herbalist before beginning treatment.