Herbal remedies for ovarian cysts have become more popular over the last few years as more people turn to natural and alternative treatment options. As with any type of treatment for illnesses, some will have better results on an individual basis. To determine which is best for you, you need to try as many as you are comfortable taking. It is also important to discuss your decision to try home remedies with your doctor beforehand. This is especially important for people with other medical conditions.
Types of Herbal Remedies for Ovarian Cysts
Many women have successfully used a wide variety of natural treatments for just about every female-related condition possible. When it comes to herbal remedies for ovarian cysts treatment, some of the most tried are:
- Evening Primrose Oil: Full of fatty acids, this herb is great at balancing hormone levels in the body.
- Chasteberry: This is used to increase the levels of progesterone while decreasing estrogen.
- Red Clover: This herb works in a number of ways to get rid ofovarian cysts, such as causing cysts to burst and leave the body with the menstrual flow. This happens as the herb causes the walls of ovarian cysts to become so thin they eventually rupture.
- Milk Thistle: This herb works to create the right balance between the levels of estrogen and progesterone in the body. Some herbalists recommend milk thistle as a liver cleanser, which helps to flush excess estrogen from the body.
- Echinacea: This immune system booster helps the body get rid of abnormal cells by increasing the amount of white blood cells in the body, which fights any foreign objects. This root also plays a part in achieving hormonal balance, which is important for the health of the female reproductive system.
- Ginger: This natural blood thinner works to fight ovarian cancer cells, and the same properties that allow it to do this also work at ridding the body of ovarian cysts. Most people take ginger in tea form.
- False Unicorn root: Other names include Devil?s Bit and Blazing Star, normally available as tincture. It is useful for a number of feminine problems including fertility problems, menstrual cramping and ovarian cysts.
Other herbs worth trying as natural treatments of this painful condition are black cohosh, wild yam and turmeric. Herbs for treating this condition can come in various forms such as pills, teas, tinctures and powders. The form chosen will depend on what you are most comfortable taking, since some people have difficulty swallowing tablets.
It is also important that dietary changes be included in any treatment protocol for coping with this condition. This means recognizing that certain foods will contribute to the growth and development of ovarian cysts. Exercise is also an important part of any alternative treatment option for most female related diseases and complaints. Some dietary changes to consider in the treatment of the condition are:
- Consume a diet which includes vegetables such as broccoli, carrots and beet.
- Buy supplements with Vitamins A, C, E and zinc.
- Chromium is used to treat insulin resistance which plays a role in the development of the condition.
- All-purpose garlic should be included in the diet as often as possible.
Anyone who wants to try using herbal remedies for ovarian cysts needs to know that the condition will not go away overnight. Results vary greatly for different women, with some seeing some changes in as little as three weeks, while others may have to wait a lot longer. A combination of herbs tends to give the best results when trying natural treatments. Once the condition is under control and the cysts no longer exist, it is still necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle so as to help avoid a reoccurrence.