Herbal remedies for hypothyroidism can be very helpful in the treatment of this under-diagnosed condition. Hypothyroidism is defined as an under-active thyroid and can be difficult to diagnose.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include:
- Fatigue, low energy or feeling tired in the morning
- Trouble losing weight
- Coldness in the extremities
- Depression and headaches
- Fluid retention and swelling
- Dry, coarse skin and brittle nails
- Menstrual-related issues and fertility problems
- Frequent constipation
- Stiff joints and muscle cramps
- Chest pain and shortness of breath
It is important to note that not all of these symptoms are present in people suffering from hypothyroidism and that herbal remedies may help relieve these symptoms.
Herbal Thyroid Formula
Thyroid Assist™ from Native Remedies promotes thyroid healthy naturally by supporting the production of the thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) by the pituitary gland. This maintains normal T3 and T4, supports the entire endrocrine system, while improving energy levels, balancing the metabolism leading to optimal weight.
This 100% herbal formula contains therapeutic doses of the following herbs:
- Bladderwrack – a prime source of iodine which aids in thyroid health
- Green oats – a general tonic
- Makandi – supports thyroid hormone secretion
If a patient has hypothyroidism, in addition to trying herbal remedies for hypothyroidism to improve symptoms, doctors will usually try to treat the issue with thyroid hormone suppliment medication. Most now prescribe synthetics like Levothyroxin and Synthroidwhich are less effective because they lack the full compliment of thyroid hormones found in glandulars, such as Armour Desiccated Thyroid Hormone. This medication comes from a pig’s thyroid, which closely resembles a human thyroid. Doctors usually monitor the effectiveness of treatment through blood tests, how the patient feels andbasal body temperature. When administering medications such as Armour, it is best to start with a very low dose and increase the dosage as needed.